Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blast From The Past - MG Zeta Gundam Ver. 1.0

It was the year 2006...

Yep, I was browsing through my forum for some old postings that I did (apparently I lost most of the pics of my Gunpla builds) and realise that in 2006 I was quite active in Gunpla building. So I got down to downloading those old pics of builds that I *gasp* handbrushed!! Yeah, before I got myself 'Elizabeth' (the nickname of my wonderful airbrush machine) I used to do handbrushing. And I loved it. Mixing it up with clear spray, I did fairly well amongst those kits that were airbrushed.

As an opening to the 'BLAST FROM THE PAST' postings (something that I'll be doing once in awhile that is...), I present to you the Master Grade Zeta Gundam ver. 1.0.

Story:
This MG kit was one of the earliest Master Grade kits made by Bandai. As some would know, the MG series are detailed 1/100 Gundam model kits that utilises their latest modeling technology. I got hold of this kit way back in mid 1990's. Didn't get myself to painting it until 2006. Where I felt a bit more confident with myself. Nothing fancy, but just some added panel linings. Why it's known as the version 1.0 is due to Bandai releasing the MG Zeta 2.0 (with better and sturdier wing binders and etc.). So here is my take on this guy...handbrushed or handpainted and topped with a clear coat.

The year was 2006...and here is my build...

MG Zeta Gundam ver. 1.0





So where is this kit now? It has gone to a better place. It was later scrapped for parts and the rest is history. The only thing left is the body...and the head. Heh.

My wife later bought me the MG Zeta 2.0, so I guess I should start working on that right? And then we compare...

2 comments:

  1. so...this is how u did ur first handjob eh? Nowadays u get 'Elizabeth' to 'blow' for you...hehehe...get it? Airbrush? Blow? err.....nevermind......

    ReplyDelete
  2. oy...i got viewers underage man...lol...

    ReplyDelete