Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hasbro Star Wars Republic Gunship

Update!

Finally! I can post this guy up. Heh...this guy was done up for quite sometime and just recently the owner can pick it up (conflicting of time...) and due to my policy of not posting works that are done till the owner picks it up...yeah...it was awhile...

Okay, now here is the fella before the repaint...



So what was supposed to be done? Actually the owner wanted it weathered. Make it look less toyish but more to a military transport carrier. So I applied the usual weathering style for Star Wars vehicles but I stopped at using my 'space dust' technique. Why? Well for one thing, the gunships didn't do much battle in space. It was more of a ground infantry support/transport cruiser. So I decided not to apply that technique. I kept the weathering a little heavy on the nosecone, wings and undercarriage. The rest was light since it didn't face much wind resistance. It's fun how you utilize real life physics on models/toys (and common sense) to get the right look.

Here's the Republic Gunship. (yeah...I do everything...not just TRANSFORMERS and Gundams...LOL)









There you go, the Republic Gunship. Upcoming a few more Star Wars vehicles in waiting. So stay tuned. Oh before I forget, this gunship belongs to a local collector. Just wanted to put that in...heh...

No comments:

Post a Comment