Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Fine Molds 1/72 X-Wing Starfighter

Update!!

Holy un-updated blog Batman! (tribute to Dark Knight movie)...

Alright...so I haven't been updating awhile (lot of things going around...my day job, my part time job...my misc jobs...heh...). Anyhoo, as I'm still working on the Alternator Army Project and also an Akatsuki conversion kit (this is an awesome Gundam kit!) I took a little break to do something different (just to get my bearings back in place that is...was losing focus on the akatsuki and army...) and was offered to do a some Star Wars model kits and not to mention, its from Fine Molds! Awhile back I did a 1/72 Y-Wing and now...lo' behold an X-Wing!

Okay, so what did I do? Nothing much but an experimental weathering technique (luckily it worked...hahaha) which I was dying to do. In my head (and also my friend who comissioned me the project...) was going for realism. I'm so used to doing clean and light shading on kits that doing weathering was sort of a challenge.

As you all remember, the X-Wings were considered the flagship fighters for the Rebel Alliance and in the episode A New Hope, it was said that these fighters were already battle weary and has seen some battles before Luke joined up. Hence the weathering of age old space battles. But I took it another step by making it look more weathered. And here it is...

Rebel Alliance X-Wing Starfighter: Red 5







There you go...May The Force Be With You...