Friday, May 25, 2012

LBX Lucifer and Omegamon

Update!

While I was chillin' at my sister in laws place in Gopeng, Perak (Malaysia)...I was texted by the owner of Glory Shop (located in Endah Parade, Sri Petaling) asking if I had time to do some commissioned works mainly model kits. So me on my holiday mood thought that it was just one model kit. Boy was I surprised when she said a few. And again I thought to myself, 'Oh...a few kits, I guess that'd be fine...'. So when I returned, I dropped by her shop. Now Aunty Lenny (the owner) is one friendly lady. Her shop sells mostly Gundam model kits among a few other toys. I've known her for more than 10 years but this is the first I'm taking a job from her.

My mouth was wide open when I saw about 20 boxes of model kits ranging from Master Grades to High Grades and LBX's...I took 6. For starters. Two MG's, two HG's, an SD Gundam and one LBX. As soon as I got home I started working on them...

Here are the first two that was done:

LBX Lucifer

Sadly I was only able to save 2 images out of the many I took. The rest was corrupted and I can't do anything to fix it. But no worries, working on this guy was a treat and I intend to get one for myself! I opt to paint the Lucifer with gold trimmings. Let me tell you masking was a real pain! But once done, it looked good! (I'll be doing a masking tutorial soon, so keep your peepers open on RK Designs Studio FB page ya)


Digimon Reboot Omegamon

Thankfully the not all pictures for this guy was affected by the corrupted memory card, managed to save a few, and the few were close ups of this the fella. Phew. Now the request for this guy was not to make him shiny. Heh. My specialty I guess. So there were parts that needed masking especially the chest area, and had to mix the right colors for the right arm. It took me awhile to mix it, and I tested out a new panel lining technique.


Well, that's the first two. Four more to go! Oh, one of it had a very strange request...but when it's done...you have to see it to believe it...

Later then!

1 comment: